** This can be a fully remote role based anywhere in the Brazil*
Streetbees is building the world’s first platform to understand human behaviour and decision making. We make human data accessible, anywhere in the world, by connecting brands with real people on the ground to gather real-time in-the-moment insights at scale. We distil this data using machine learning technology to uncover not just what they do, but also why they do it, and what drives them – and predicts what they may do next.
Having recently raised our Series B investment led by Lakestar, Streetbees’ partners with world leading brands across the FMCG, Media and Entertainment, Retail & Insurance sectors and our clients include Unilever, PepsiCo, Sony Pictures, Carlsberg, Santander, Ikea, Vodafone and L’Oreal.
As a Ruby Software Engineer you’ll be able to clearly see your impact in what we deliver day-to-day to our clients and our users. You'll be part of an engineering culture that welcomes participation and discussion at all levels. We work with some of the largest companies in the world and our user numbers are growing exponentially month over month.
We are looking to grow our team in Brazil. You’ll be joining one of our experienced Engineers based in Goiânia, State of Goiás. This is a full-remote position and you will be working closely with our teams in Lisbon and London.
Here's some of the projects you'll be able to work on:
- A Ruby backed API that servers millions of requests per month to our bee community;
- Internal tools built with Ruby on Rails that support the management and processing of our data;
- Non-web environments such as ETL processes built with Ruby and Sidekiq to support the client dashboards deployment process;
- React based Single Page Applications that render complex data visualizations using tools like D3.js;
- Small internal services where you can learn about new technologies. This includes an on-demand chart generator written in Go and a notification service built with Elixir.
Responsibilities / Skills
- From crowdsourced data collection, to image/video processing and visualisation, you'll be working on some interesting technical challenges.
- You will be helping us scale our systems as we increase the data collection streams.
- You’ll be joining an experienced and friendly team of engineers, building a new generation of research and data analysis tools.
- You have a strong understanding of Ruby and Rails.
- You have a solid understanding of object-oriented programming/
- You have good knowledge of relational databases. We use PostgresSQL.
- You write tested code - from acceptance tests to unit tests.
- You have the ability to integrate multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- You have a huge drive to get something shipped.
Nice to haves
- Experience with non-Rails frameworks like Sinatra or Hanami.
- Experience with building and designing GraphQL APIs.
- Knowledge of the React ecosystem. It is a big part of our frontend.
- Knowledge of other technologies we are currently using: Kafka, ElasticSearch, Redis, Docker, Elixir, Node and Go
How to apply
We would love to hear from you. Please apply via our careers page