About Swirlds Labs:
Swirlds Labs was established with the mission to accelerate the future, built on Hedera â the most used, greenest, enterprise-grade public ledger for the decentralized economy. Our vision is to enable âShared Worldsâ, where anyone can gather, collaborate, conduct commerce, and control their own online footprint. We will enable this vision by continuing to provide development and other support for the Hedera network, building community and enterprise solutions that enable fast, rapidly scalable adoption of Hedera network services, and cultivating âmoonshotâ projects that will change the way humans and organizations interact in cyberspace.
About the role:
As the second attorney in the legal department, you will play a key role in supporting and accelerating the growth of Swirlds Labs, enabling you to leverage your expertise to advise and collaborate with some of the most innovative and dynamic minds in the industry. This opportunity combines traditional corporate counsel responsibilities with a product counsel focus, as you will partner closely with internal teams to provide strategic and legal advice in areas including product and service development, commercial agreements, regulatory and compliance (including privacy, financial services, and emerging issues related to distributed ledger technology and web3), as well as a variety of general corporate matters.
A successful Corporate and Product Counsel at Swirlds Labs will serve as (the right hand to the General Counsel and) an important connector between legal and all other departments, including product and engineering, marketing, and human resources, ensuring that Legal provides effective advice to minimize risk while driving the business goals. You will take a lead role in negotiating vendor and partner contracts, and will become the in-house expert on legal issues related to product development. You will use your legal and interpersonal skills to work across the organization, helping to identify, assess, and communicate the risks and opportunities associated with potential new products, features, services, and lines of business. You will become a trusted partner to the business while also expanding your own legal skills by working on varied and emerging legal issues in a fast-evolving industry.
You may find yourself doing all of the following:
- Supporting overall business objectives, by responding to and carefully considering legal questions around new products, services and/or other business opportunities, from the initial stages of product/service/business development to launch and scaling
- Developing an end-to-end understanding of the company, business principles, the technology, the overall industry, and emerging legal issues, to provide practical and strategic advice across Swirlds Labs
- Researching and remaining up to date on laws and regulations relevant to the web3 industry to ensure an ongoing ability to provide thoughtful, strategic and relevant advice
- Drafting and negotiating vendor agreements, NDAs, marketing agreements, service contracts, and other commercial contracts worldwide
- Working closely with and supporting the General Counsel and team leads from other departments on a wide range of corporate matters, including legal-related HR, IT, and Finance Dept. matters
- Working with and managing efficient use of outside counsel and other subject matter experts
- (4+) years of (combined) relevant legal experience at a leading law-firm, government agency, and/or in-house experience at a technology company
- Substantial experience with US and international laws, content policies, privacy matters, intellectual property, and consumer protection laws
- Experience as an in-house lawyer/counsel within the web3 ( space
- Demonstrated experience advising clients on video, mobile, gaming, e-commerce, online marketplaces, and, generally, internet products/services
- Sound and practical business and legal judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of assessing, developing, launching, and scaling (enterprise-focused) products
- A strong understanding of commercial contracts, with excellent drafting skills and the ability to translate business needs into contract terms
- Comfort working closely with engineering, product and marketing teams, and high level of comfort with new technologies
- Experience in taking on, prioritizing, and managing complex projects
- Fluency in translating legal concepts and advice into actionable guidance for product and business teams
- Execution-focused thinking and collaborative approach
- Clear communication skills
- Positive mentality and willingness to tackle new and ever-changing business needs
- Ability to develop strong working relationships across the organization, with counterparties, and with the broader community
Other skills that are great to bring with you but that we can help you develop:
- Experience working with software product development and engineering teams
- Experience advising clients (e.g., held the title Product Counsel) during a software product development and launch
- Knowledge and understanding of Swirlds Labs or Hedera and its services
J.D. from an accredited US law school
Please mention the word **MAJESTY** and tag RNS4xODEuODEuNQ== when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNS4xODEuODEuNQ==). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
How to apply