Dataswift is the technology infrastructure company powering Data Economy 2.0 – the ethical data economy. Using our products, individuals, enterprises, and developers give, take and use personal data responsibly. Individuals get full ownership and control of their data. Developers and organisations get the APIs and tools they need to build scalable, data-rich applications with privacy and compliance built-in.
Your Strategic Value to the Company
You will take the lead on shaping and promoting the Dataswift developer platform. You will engage and enable the next 100,000 innovative developers to build apps and products for Data Economy 2.0.
We are looking for a Developer Relations Lead to work alongside our engineers and within our developer community. This is a unique opportunity for an energetic engineer who wishes to gain hands-on experience in a fast-growing tech startup and enjoys supporting developer teams. The ideal candidate likes writing, public speaking, and brings a good-natured and outgoing personality.
The Developer Relations team works within the wider Technology Sales team and are the guardians and gatekeepers of our key communications platforms with our developers - our forums and social channels.
As a Developer Relations Lead, you will be working on our open source libraries with our engineers, communicate with our developer community through all channels and help them resolve any issues they may have. You will support the community with tutorials, updated documentations, and helpful tips.
You will be working in a cross-functional team alongside partner and customer success, architecture, and solutions to provide the best developer experience for the technologies you own.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Strategy setting: Set the strategy for how and where to reach the developer community. Work with our own tech team to understand developers’ issues, goals and needs, and come up with creative ideas to engage them – think content, social media, hackathons, meetups and more.
- Content creation: Work with the Head of Content to develop a strategic approach to technical content. Own the creation of content for developers, including Dataswift’s Documentation and Quick Start Guide, blogs and tutorials.
- Community management: Build engagement on Dataswift’s existing social channels and grow our Slack community into a fully functional developer forum. Manage outreach to developers wherever they hang out – both online and off – to ensure Dataswift has a voice in the conversations that matter most.
- Testing and feedback: Create feedback loops with the developer community to ensure Dataswift is finely attuned to their needs. Take ownership of and test everything from our messaging to our roadmap to new product features. Champion developer interests internally, understand how our product needs to be modified to meet developers needs
- Being a thought leader in developer advocacy and helping steer the team with project ideas and roadmap plan
- Being the public face of Dataswift at conferences, community meetups and developer events
In your first 6 months, you will work on:
- Alongside Product Management, the design and build of our new developer experience and platform
- Crafting and launching our first developer relations program and developer engagement campaign
You will definitely need:
- Community management: experience growing measurable awareness and engagement across a range of marketing channels, including content, social media and events.
- Technical writing: excellent copywriting and editing skills with experience in an API/SAAs technology field. A working knowledge of writing code samples, demos, tutorials and technical blog posts is ideal.
- Creativity and adaptability: ability to think creatively about new ways to engage the developer Community and action them quickly. An understanding of how to build, measure and improve processes as Dataswift scales is key.
- People skills: ability to manage multiple stakeholders (both internal and external) and work cross functionally to achieve results, Confidence and enthusiasm are important to be an effective advocate for Dataswift in the community.
- You are obsessed with connecting with, inspiring, and educating developers.
- A personable engineer with management, business development, and product-related skills
- You are a technology enthusiast at heart. Love all things related to engineering and adopting new and exciting technologies. You think like a developer.
- An engineering/CS background -- you don't need a CS degree, but you will need to be able to create sample projects, code tutorials, and work with/on our API.
You will be perfect if you have:
- A blog, Medium, or other body of content to highlight your thinking and writing style
- A demonstrated passion for technologies that enable privacy and self-sovereignty
You’ll benefit from:
Dataswift Culture & Values
We believe in the diversity of our team and we don’t judge based on gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, history, culture, geography, nationality or your secret aversion to coriander. If you feel you don’t match every single specification, reach out to us at [email protected] to discuss your options further
How to apply
Send a resume to [email protected]
Please reference you found the job on Remotely.tech. This helps us get more companies to post here!