Who We Are:
At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxyâs CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.
Additional information about the Company's businesses and products is available on www.galaxy.com.
What We Value:
We are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
Candidate sought for Vice President, Quant Developer role within Galaxy's algorithmic trading technology team. The candidate should have prior work experience in Java and in data science, and should have a deep interest in working in and learning about algorithmic crypto trading.
On a given day at Galaxy, you will:
- Perform analytical work to diagnose and improve trading performance
- Build and maintain technology systems that cover TCA and order analytics
- Build and maintain technology systems that cover algorithmic trading
- Provide production support and DevOps
- Have direct measurable impact on Galaxyâs front office electronic trading business
Youâve worked hard for:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, math, engineering, or other technical field
- Proficient (2+ yearsâ experience) with core java, including working knowledge of collections, their implementation, and their optimization; garbage collection; JVM; multithreading
- Proficient with core statistics / data science, including inference, regression, classification, sampling, optimization
- Knowledge of order performance analysis, TCA, slippage, and benchmarking
You rock at:
- Experience with JUnit, unit testing, and integration testing
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with Docker and AWS APIs
- Experience working on electronic trading systems
- Experience with parsing web APIs for data
- Knowledge of market structure and market data
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques such as feature engineering
Here are some of the industry-leading benefits of working at Galaxy:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity
- 100% company paid health insurance for employees, partners and dependents
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off (paid)
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Arrangements
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Smart, entrepreneurial, and fun colleagues
- Employee Resource Groups
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
*Benefits may vary based on location
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact [email protected].
Please mention the word **UNBIASED** and tag RNDEuMTE1LjEyNy4xODY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNDEuMTE1LjEyNy4xODY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
How to apply