Build world-class innovative user experiences across desktop, mobile, print, and IoT.
WE are a practitioner-driven conference focused on facilitating the spread of knowledge and innovation in the developer community. Our work ethic centers around accountability, integrity, continuous improvement, service, and transparency—the core values of QCon/C4Media. We inspire and empower our attendees to keep growing, searching, and learning.
YOU are an experienced Drupal developer that wants to deliver innovative user experiences across the web, mobile, print, and IoT.
The MISSION of this position is to create user experiences that will inspire attendees to drive change and innovation within their software projects. Experiences that inform software practitioners, connect them with acclaimed speakers worldwide, and have a real impact on the software development community.
- Advancing your skills across both back-end and front-end software development.
- Building the technical foundation for experiences that will make a difference for more than 5,000 software developers per year.
- Learning, staying on the edge, and being a part of driving innovation in software development - software is changing the world!
- Being a part of an energetic, supportive, and fun team.
- Working from home as a full-time employee for a remote-first company.
- Annual travel (approx. 4-5 times per year) to NYC, SF, London, and other global locations for conferences & team building.
- Working with a diverse international team with a great culture.
- Training and education budget for your professional growth.
- Developing new features for conference attendees, speakers, and the internal team.
- Supporting the team migrating our custom Drupal-based platform to version 8 and beyond.
- Collaborating with stakeholders discovering new use cases and innovative solutions.
- Participating in code reviews and knowledge-sharing.
- Attending regular sprint activities such as standups, and retrospectives.
- Delivering website front-end user interfaces.
- Building website management back-ends and user-facing application logic.
- Must reside in Europe, Africa, or South America in time zones between GMT-3 and GMT+2. Our team is fully remote, but outside of those time zones communication between team members is challenging.
- Strong Drupal development experience and especially module dev.
- Familiarity with version control (git), dev/prod workflows.
- Familiarity with Drupal Multi-site.
- Experience in Agile methodologies is beneficial.
- Passion for software and delivering amazing products.
- A mindset for continuously improving products and processes.
- Proficiency in remote work best practices and platforms (Slack, Google Drive, etc).
- Ability to provide efficient solutions in a timely manner
- Self-motivated & self-managing. Able to work independently in C4Media’s high-freedom virtual environment.
- Strong willingness to learn.
- Fluent in English.
- Able to work as a contractor.
- Able to work in overlap with our core global office hours (9 am - 1 pm EST).
- Valid passport & ability to travel internationally (incl. USA, UK).
- Ability to attend international events 3-5 times per year for up to 8 days each.
Our company culture promotes and encourages a safe environment regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, or religion. We particularly encourage applications from people from underrepresented groups.
How to apply
Qualified candidates to submit their resumes through our website.