At Figment, our mission is to create an Internet that is truly decentralized where users can freely interact, share, collaborate, and exchange goods and services in a trustless environment. We offer staking, middleware, and application layer solutions for token holders and developers investing in and building on Web 3 technologies. Together, we can build a better Internet.
About this Role
We are seeking a Lead software engineer to grow our core indexing team. The teamâs mission is to extract data from blockchains, combine fine-grained data into higher level pieces of information, and make the information available to end users via different Figment products.
We are looking for a skilled backend engineer with strong communication skills who is passionate about discovering internal mechanics of blockchains. In this role, you will be owning your projects, collaborating with the team to propose and implement architectural decisions, participating in designs, and working closely with parties that consume indexed data.
This is a full-time remote position, for candidates in North American time zones (+1/-1). If you enjoy solving data-driven solutions and providing real business impact, then this role may be a good fit for you. Ideal candidates are comfortable working in an unstructured environment, dealing with uncertainty, minimal direction, and working across a range of projects.
What you will be doing
- Refining requirements and translating it to a well-scoped and actionable technical plan
- Researching and comprehending internal design of a blockchain through public documentation, open source repositories and limited data on block explorers
- Developing prototypes and proof of concepts for new ideas proposed by you and the team
- Implementing modular, maintainable, and well tested code for highly available services
- Moderating technical discussions on different engineering approaches and be able to assess trade-offs between different approaches
- Investigating anomalies in data and participating in incident response and post-mortem
- Working with devOps, Security, and Data Engineers to ensure proper delivery of data to downstream stakeholders
- Documenting research results, technical plans, and development process to share knowledge and avoid duplication of effort
What you will bring to the team
- Extensive experience in building scalable micro services with Golang (using tools and technologies for messaging, RPC, containerization, etc)
- Hands-on experience with relational databases and SQL
- Familiarity with modern cloud services and containerization platforms
- Passion for learning and deep dives in spite of limited publicly available documentation
- Persistence in achieving results amidst challenges and unsuccessful attempts
- Enthusiasm to work as a team and collaborate on solving problems
- Ability to incrementally deliver features in an agile environment with a geographically distributed team
- Plans to improve overall productivity and unblock team members
What you could bring to the team (optional)
- Experience with Blockchains
- Experience with modern cloud data platforms
- Experience with:
- Our stack (Golang, AWS, Kubernetes, Snowflake, PostgreSQL)
- Our tools (GitHub, Jira, Terraform, PagerDuty)
At Figment, our mission is to support the adoption, growth and long term success of the Web 3 ecosystem. This is Figmentâs unique approach: we make it simple to build on the next generation of blockchain technology.
We provide enterprise grade node and staking infrastructure and developer tools while also actively participating in community & governance.
Please mention the word **COMPLEMENTARY** and tag RNDEuMTE1LjEyNy4xODY= when applying to show you read the job post completely (#RNDEuMTE1LjEyNy4xODY=). This is a beta feature to avoid spam applicants. Companies can search these words to find applicants that read this and see they're human.
How to apply